Studies have shown that the culture of a company has a direct correlation to its long-term success. The company’s values help shape the culture, but cultures can change while values tend to stay consistent. A good boss should fully grasp the company’s culture and readily describe it to a job candidate. The culture of a small company is usually a direct reflection of the owner(s).
- Company Culture – what it is and how to change it (About.com/Mgmnt).
- Forum for Managers on Culture (Companyculture.com).
- Changing Corporate Culture – A Model to Understand Personality Based on Values (Ezine).
- Five Steps to a Strong Company Culture for Small Businesses (Microsoft Business).
- Evaluating a Prospective Employer’s Culture (Fast Company).